Safe Winter Driving
Driving in winter can be challenging and dangerous. Safe operation in adverse conditions requires skilled and trained operators.
Classroom: Our Winter Driving and Skid Recovery Classroom course is a half day theory program utilizing a unique blend of fast paced lecture, video and discussion.
What your employees will learn:
- How to check, prepare and equip your vehicle for winter including but not limited to:
- Emergency kits
- Tire selection
- The 6 conditions of winter driving
- Weather condition
- Vehicle condition
- Road condition
- Traffic Condition
- Lighting condition
- Driver Condition
- Fundamentals of traction and control
- The 3 principal types of skids and how to recover from them
- Under steer skids
- Over steer skids
- Lock-up on braking
- How to correctly use your Antilock Braking System
- Electronic stability & Traction Control systems and how they can prevent skidding
This theory course sets the stage for the practical session that includes a dynamic, hands-on skid control and emergency tactics session.
For more information on our practical training session contact us using the I'D LIKE MORE INFORMATION button below.