Pathway to Coping Online Course
Today stress and mental health issues have exploded in the workplace costing Canadian businesses an estimated $33 billion a year in lost productivity and staff turnover.
The good news is that coping skills are teachable. Unfortunately, many people have never been taught how to cope effectively. This online course provides the opportunity for individuals to develop their coping skills following a structured developmental program.
Dr. Bill Howatt's research confirmed that coping skills is the lead indicator for predicting employee engagement and health. This online course uses a developmental framework that is observable, definable, and measurable.
To learn coping skills requires time and practice. Participants in this nine module course will be exposed to nine core competencies that have been selected as building blocks to help get them on the right pathway to coping.
Developing coping skills takes self-determination. This course uses an adult learning framework that starts with a self-assessment, active learning, and an evaluation process. The purpose is to get you on the journey to being able to cope better with your life so that you can make better choices.
Only through practice will a person master each core competency. The outcome of this course is to help increase confidence in coping skills.
- Avoiding Faulty Thinking
- Human Motivation Insights
- Positive Thinking
- Leadership from Within
Benefits of the course to employers:
- Provide a supportive social environment encouraging employees to seek help
- Create an engaged workforce that is motivated to succeed
- Reduce absenteeism and turnover rates
- Build positive employee/employer relationships where employees want to come to work
- Enhance both the psychological and physical health of your employees which will lead to higher employee job satisfaction and increased productivity
Benefits of the course to individuals:
- Develop new, more adaptive ways of coping
- Find peace
- Get ahead personally and professionally
- Improve relationships
Is this course right for you...ask yourself these questions. Are you:
- Tired of being frustrated?
- Feeling hopeless?
- Looking for ways to better cope with stress?
- Feeling overwhelmed?
- Wanting to develop better problem-solving skills?
- Concerned about your mental health?
- Desiring more internal peace?
Do you want to:
- Improve your coping skills?
- Find more peace in your life?
- Get ahead personally and professionally?
- Improve your relationships?
If you have answered "Yes" to more than one of the above, Pathway to Coping can help you!