Defensive Driving course
This internationally recognized program addresses driver attitude in an effective and respectful way by utilizing advanced psychological and counseling techniques to change the way drivers see the actions of others and develop more effective responses. This course is fully interactive with drivers discussing driving challenges and solutions based on personal motivations. Anger management tools are a key component of the course content as drivers learn to take responsibility for their emotional reactions while driving, choose positive actions to avoid confrontation and stay safe and out of harm’s way.
This course lays out the foundation of Thinking Driver’s Five Fundamentals of defensive driving principles and practices: our core techniques and tips that help minimize risk and prevent incidents in spite of conditions and other drivers, while delving into the internal processes that can influence a driver’s choice to take unnecessary risks.
This course is approved for point recovery and Graduated Driver Licence exit.
Drivers will learn:
- What attitude is and how it affects their driving
- How to shift attitudinal gears from risky driving attitudes to positive ones.
- How risk tolerance changes with emotional states and how to reduce risk.
- To deal with aggression from other drivers without retaliation.
- How to avoid being drawn into competition and confrontational situations while driving
- How to use the Five Fundamentals:
- Think and Look Ahead
- Anticipate Hazards
- Keep your Options Open
- Manage the Risk
- Control with Finesse
Our Defensive Driving course is $120.00. We do not charge HST.
This course is subject to our Cancellation and Refund Policies.