Safety Services Nova Scotia has been training drivers for over three decades. We pride ourselves in delivering the best content possible using highly trained and qualified trainers. Our varied programs allow us to meet the needs of our clients and we are always striving to improve our programs by constantly updating them with new and ever changing content.
Our Driver Education Program is an approved program as required by Access Nova Scotia and insurance companies. It includes 25 hours of class time and 10 hours of in-car time and use of our car for your road test.**Some Conditions Apply**
Member companies, their employees and families are entitled to discounts. Payment plans available upon request.
The ten hours of private instruction with a professionally trained instructor include:
• Vehicle controls
• Basic maneuvering including turns
• Problem solving approach to lowering collision risk
• City driving including downtown traffic
• Highway and freeway driving including avoidance of head-on collisions
• Preparation for the Provincial Driving Exam
The 25 hours of training utilizing exclusive videos, overheads, driving manual, and exercise book. Topics include:
• Problem solving strategies to lower your collision risk
• Traffic law and licensing process
• City driving strategies
• Vehicle maneuvering including turns, parking, and reaction to emergencies
• Threshold and ABS braking
• Highway driving strategies
• Taking care of your car
• Buying insurance
• Adverse conditions including winter driving
• Impairment and the law
As well our Driver improvement programs meet or exceed government requirements for work place regulations as well as points reduction guidelines.
Don't see what you need? Ask us. We are adding training to our catalogue regularly. We can also customize our training to meet your wants and needs.