This course is for individuals who are designated floor fire wardens including supervisors, OH&S committee members and other safety professionals.
This course has been developed to educate wardens on their roles in the event of a fire and to educate personnel on the classification, growth and extinguishment of fires. We use lecture format, group discussion/participation and audio/visual tools, as well as "hands-on" use of mock fire extinguishers in a simulated fire environment.
- Fire Theory
- Fire Tetrahedron (Formerly Fire Triangle)
- Classification of fires (A,B,C, D, K)
- Classification of fire extinguishers
- Basics on the development of a fire plan
- Duties of fire wardens
- Inspection process
- Procedure for informing management/follow-up
- Evacuation process
- When NOT to fight the fire
- Risk assessment
- Safe procedures for extinguishing fires in the incipient or beginning stage
- Fire simulator hands-on
This course is subject to our Cancellation and Refund Policies.