Chainsaw Safety Awareness
Employers are required under the Canada Labour Code Part II and Nova Scotia Occupational Health & Safety Act to provide training to all persons operating equipment. This course focuses on safe practices and procedures for handling and operation of chainsaws. It is a comprehensive classroom program suitable for both experienced and novice operators. Uses Forestry Professional Guideline.
The course format will be lecture style, allowing students to give feedback and participate in a class discussion. Practical exercises will be conducted under controlled conditions.
- Required equipment and PPE
- Components of machine and safety devices
- Pre-operational inspection
- Hazards associated with this equipment
- Safe operation
- Basic maintenance
- Techniques for: felling, use of felling aids, limbing and bucking
This course is subject to our Cancellation and Refund Policies.